Designer, 1st Class
General Dynamics Bath Iron Works | Pearl Harbor, HI
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingPay Range
1AA ($29.92) - 1E ($25.27)
B8600 Life Cycle Services
Number of Positions
This is a permanent position located in Pearl Harbor, HI acting as an On-Site Representative (OSR) for Design.
Primary responsibility will be acting in a liaison capacity supporting the local PMR, HRMC, or their Installing Agent (IA), with the installation of maintenance and/or modernization alterations during the ships scheduled CNO availabilities.
When not providing direct support for the installations during availabilities, this individual will be called upon to:
• Perform ship checks to support design development. Packages must be developed in such a manner that they can serve as a basis for design development by other Planning Yard designers. (Ship checks require climbing and periodic trips aloft)
• Investigation of emergent waterfront issues and direct interface with the waterfront community, and Ship Force.
• Develop Ship Installation Drawing (SID) in AutoCAD
Graduate Design Apprentice preferred
High school diploma/GED required
Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
Ability to read, interpret, and follow technical procedures, standards, and work instructions.
• Minimum of (7) years marine design/ liaison experience or Associate/Vocational school degree with (5) years marine design/liaison experience.
• Hull or Mechanical design background with multi discipline experience.
• Proficiency in developing design in AutoCAD required
• Knowledge of back fit design products, and Planning Yard processes and procedures
• Familiarization with DDG Class ships and Shipboard Systems
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with little oversight.
Able to represent BIW autonomously and in a professional manner in front of the Navy customer
Ability to obtain a secret clearance is required
Self-motivated and able to prioritize multiple, competing assignments